Friday, March 29, 2024
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Icom H16 Handheld & Antenna

Icom H16 Handheld & Antenna 11 years 6 months ago #406

Dear Ham's,

I have an ICH16. I am using an F22 antenna with it right now. The problem I am facing is as follows;

I have made a 3 element 2meter yagi. When I use my VX-7R with the yagi, I can access the romeo and the SWR is flat but when I connect the iCh16 to the yagi, I can recive the signal but cant access the romeo. On the other hand when I connect the The same ICH16 to the F22 I can access the romeo.

Both the yagi and the F22 are mounted on the roof, F22 is at 20feet and yagi is at 15 feet above roof level. It is strange that the ICH16 with its rubber duck antenna doesnt access the romoe while standing on the roof top. while the VX-7R can click the romeo even from inside the house.

I can access the romeo by only using 0.5W of VX-7R connected to the yagi with flat SWR so I know the antenna is good but with ICH16 without the F22 I cannot access anything except recieve :P

Any pointers please :)
When All Else Fails !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Icom H16 Handheld & Antenna 11 years 6 months ago #407

AoA AP2CJ

Good to see that Yagi idea practically implemented :)

Double check cables and connectors.. such issues are difficult to troublehshoot.. dont give up :)

Your work has motivated me yet again on my 20m beam plans :P

73's
AP2MF

Re:Icom H16 Handheld & Antenna 10 years 11 months ago #419

Dear CJ, by now you already know the reason ;) however for readers knowledge would like to share that; 1. ICH16 is a commercial set and is tuned for frequencies between 150-170 mhz hence its output and receiver sensitivity is way less then other ham radios. 2. This specific ICH16 TX module has some problem and its only giving out 100mw. My suggestion, keep it hooked to f22 till it dies. :)

73's
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Asad Ullah Marwat AP2AUM.

Re:Icom H16 Handheld & Antenna 10 years 11 months ago #420

info much appreciated AP2AUM

73's
When All Else Fails !!
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds